So many new features to tell you about in Jane today! We hope you like them and we look forward to hearing your thoughts.
Updated Patient Profile
The patient / customer profiles in Jane have had a makeover! The information is now presented in a more glanceable format and related content is grouped together more intuitively.
Here’s what’s new:
- Appointment stats and account balances are displayed at the top. You can click these to see the relevant info. And these stats stay visible when you switch to the other tabs, so you can still see account balances when you’re working with purchases and payments.
- The main profile page has been redesigned to group information with actions. For example, the Username / Logins section lists the usernames and last login info, and also has buttons to send a Welcome or Password Reset email.
- The History tab is now called Appointments and lists both past and upcoming appointments by default. And this list has many more filters to view any appointment information for this customer. Try out the dropdowns to filter the list by booking state, or staff member, or billing status.
Jane now has a powerful resource booking system. This is great if you offer a treatment that requires a specific type of resource, like a special massage table, or therapeutic devices such as lasers or traction units.
- When your customers book online, Jane will consider if the required resources are available for the treatment they have selected.
- Resources are part of a resource pool, so Jane can continue to offer availability of a treatment until all the resources in a pool are booked. For example, you could have 3 lasers in a pool, or 10 salon chairs in a pool.
- The main schedule displays columns for your resources, so you can see at a glance what is available.
- You can quickly choose which resources to assign to an appointment when booking.
Another way to use Jane’s resource booking is for assigning appointments to the rooms in your clinic on the fly, versus scheduling your staff into a specific room for their whole shift.
Check out our Resource Booking Guide for tips on setting up resources.
Return Visit Reminders
Want to set when your patient / customer should have their next visit? Would you like Jane to automatically send them an email reminder a week or two before that date? Or, do you want to look up any customers who haven’t been in for a few months and send them a friendly reminder? Kapow! All these things are now possible with Jane’s Return Visit Reminders system.
- Quickly add a Return Visit Reminder in the appointment pane when you are with your customer.
- Choose whether you’d like to remind customers automatically by email, or if you want to manually send the emails, or simply create a phone list that you can call through.
- Jane will ask you if you want to schedule a Return Visit Reminder when you cancel or no-show a visit.
Check out our Return Visit Reminders Guide for some tips and instructions.
Jane can now keep your MailChimp list in perfect sync with your patients / customers in Jane. MailChimp is a fantastic service for sending email newsletters to your customers. MailChimp is super easy to use and has beautiful templates. It’s our email service of choice.
Check out Jane’s new Integrations page in the Settings to link your Jane account to your MailChimp account. If you don’t have a MailChimp account yet, it’s easy to sign up and lists with fewer than 2,000 members are free.
Company Preferences & Reports
If you’re looking for your Company Preferences, it’s now called Settings and is located in Jane’s main menu at the top of your screen. We honestly have no idea why it was ever in that little dropdown menu. This just makes so much more sense.
That’s everything for today. Thanks for using Jane!
Trevor, Alison & the Jane Team.