Access Staff Profiles through the Staff Tab.
Use the “New Staff Member” button below the staff list to create a new profile, if necessary.
If you’re not creating a new profile, access Staff Profiles through the Staff Tab and then click on the staff member’s name.
Next, click “Edit/Settings” at the top OR “Edit” in the bottom right corner (both buttons do the same thing):
These buttons will open the Edit Staff Member screen:
Staff profiles can be set up to reflect the unique way that each practitioner wants to interact with Jane. Staff profiles are divided into four areas. You will only have access to the “Permissions & Commissions” tab if your role is set as “Full Access.” See below for more details on the various roles.
And this guide doc on the Access Levels goes into further detail.
- Discipline: This needs to be set for the staff member to be given a schedule. You can add new disciplines in the Company Preferences.
- College/Registration #: This number will be displayed on receipts. You can enter more than one number here if necessary.
- Contact Info: This is internal and will not be displayed on anything that’s public.
Photo & Bio
- Photo: Upload a photo that will display throughout the admin side of your Jane account and to clients in online booking. Read our Guide doc for more details: How to Add a Profile Photo
- Bio: Write a bio that will display in online booking so clients can know more about your staff.
- Notification Preferences: This is for emails being sent TO THE PRACTITIONER if appointments are booked or cancelled on their schedule.
- Privacy & Sharing: This controls the way patient information is displayed when it’s sent to the practitioner (appointment notifications, calendar subscriptions, etc.) outside of Jane’s secure site.
- Default Chart Privacy: Set who is able to access this staff member’s chart entries. You can override this setting on individual chart entries if necessary. Read more about that here.
- Teleplan: In BC, you can set your Teleplan settings here. You will need to enter an MSP Practitioner Number. A Payee number is appropriate (leave blank to use a centralized clinic billing number) and choose your Opt-In or Soft/Hard Opt-Out status. See our Signing up for Teleplan page for help and forms.
- Online Booking: If enabled, the practitioner will be displayed on the online booking page. See Online Booking Tips for ways to manage what is displayed to patients.
- Bio: This will be visible on the patient booking site.
- Picture: This picture will be displayed on the patient booking site.
Permissions & Commissions
Click the “Active” box when you want a Staff Profile to be an active member on your Jane account:
You can deactivate a practitioner when they go on leave or are no longer working at your clinic by unchecking this box. This will remove them from the admin site, filters and drop down menus throughout Jane.
Under the Role menu:
You can select the role you want each staff member to have:
Here’s what each role can do:
Practitioner (Limited): Can only see their own schedule and can only view Patient with profiles with whom they have had an appointment.
Practitioner/Front Desk: Can view and edit all Patient records, view staff Profiles, create appointments for all staff, but can view and edit their own billing records.
Practitioner/Front Desk (All Locations): Same permissions as Practitioner/Front Desk with the additional ability to view schedules and book appointments for any staff member at all locations.
Front Desk: Can schedule appointments, view and edit all Patient records, and access the transaction report.
Administrator/All Billing: Can view and edit all Patient and staff records and access all billing and reporting.
Full Access: Full access to all settings and preferences, but requires permission to view other practitioner charts.
In addition to the above access levels, you can individually opt each staff member in or out of the following three items:
View Charts Shared by Other Staff: This can be turned off completely for staff who have no reason to access charting - i.e. bookkeepers, interns, students, etc.
Manage Shifts: This can be turned off if your staff are not allowed to edit their own shifts.
Access Billing: This can be turned off completely for staff if you want to restrict them from seeing any billing data. Note: if this is unchecked, the user would not be able to receive or process payments
Again, see more info on Access Levels here.
You can set the commission rate for staff. You have the option to set two different rates for services and two different rates for products. These will be populated based on the referral of the patient, so you can set one rate for patients referred to your clinic and a different rate for those referred to the practitioner directly. Referrals are tracked in the patient profile when you set up a new patient.
Saving & Sending a Welcome Email
Once you have entered all of the staff member’s information you can save their profile. Assuming you have entered an email address in their profile, you will see the “Save & Send Welcome Email” button. Clicking this will send the staff member an email which gives them access to Jane.